Rally Events Cancelled

Nick Lappage2020 News, NewsLeave a Comment

Cancelled Events

Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation we are sorry to announce that the following rallies have had to be cancelled.

Scrumpy Rally – August 2020

So, the Scrumpy VIII Rally has been delayed as long as we possibly can, hoping that the Government Guidelines for the 4th July would be in our favour and allow us to host the Rally. As always, our members health and wellbeing should always be our first consideration in the first instance.

Sadly, in the announcement on Tuesday in Parliament and, with the publication of the document on the Government website Wednesday, we can now, at this stage, no longer hold the Rally legally. Also, with the number of restrictions in place, it makes it impractical and not an enjoyable experience to do so.

Read more of this announcement here: https://vsoc.org.uk/scrumpy-rally-cancelled/

YCCNL Rally – September 2020

Unfortunately, we have just been informed that this rally has also been cancelled. Please watch out for more information for 2021 rallies. soon.

Centre 6 Kendall Rally – July 2020

Dear members,
As some of you may have predicted our committee have decided to cancel our rally at Kendal in July. This was a difficult decision but under the circumstances we feel it would be too close to the predicted peak of this virus and to ensure your health and safety we think it is the right thing to do. We have spoken to the rally site and they are more than happy for us to book the rally for the same time next year which we intend to do. Anyone that has bought tickets will of course be offered a refund or we can hold them for you until next year. Please contact us with your choice. If you require a refund we can do this by bank transfer or by sending you a cheque. Please contact Liz Allen at lizzieallen@1965gmail.com with your full details and we will endeavour to sort it out as soon as we can.

On the upside, you have over a year now to perfect your model boats!!! Keep yourself safe and follow the government guidelines please.

Best wishes
Bob Aldam
C6 Rep

YCC Finland International Rally (12-14 June)

Hi all,
Today the government of our country has decided to prepare for the closure of the borders and has banned meetings of more than ten people until 13.4. These regulations are valid one month at time.
For this reason, we announce the following:
I´m afraid we´ll have to cancel the event this year anyway, because no one knows when the pandemic will be over (in Finland it´s just beginning) Even if the pandemic is over, I don´t think there will be enough participants and also we don´t want to risk anyone´s health.
Best regards
Piia and Timo Virtanen vice president

C9 Rally in Matlock (22-25 May)

VSOC C9 MATLOCK RALLY CANCELLED – Refunds will be processed by the first week of April for all the 95 Rally Tickets we have sold.
For all VSOC members who purchased tickets via the post or email we will refund the total amount paid by cheque.
For Centre 9 members you can either be refunded by cheque via the post or by cash when I next see you or by cash / cheque to another nominated C9 member.
Unfortunately direct bank transfer is NOT an option and I do not wish to hold payments on account pending any decision on rescheduling the rally.
C9 members please let me know your preference if you are due a refund by text or email.

Belgian Rally (8-10 May)

Due to the current Covid-19 crisis and partial lockdown we are unfortunately forced to cancel our 2020 Rally. It’s not easy for us to take this decision, but first and foremost we have to take care of each other and take our precautions. At the moment we are uncertain how long this crisis will last and therefore we can not take the necessary preparations for the rally in time.
Stay safe!
Sincerely yours BDVSC-YCCB

C6 Jumpstart Party

Dear members,
It saddens me to say that due to the current situation with the coronavirus our committee have decided that in the best interest of your safety we are cancelling our JumpStart Party this year and in a few weeks we will review our Kendal Rally taking place in July.
Full refunds for tickets will of course be made or we can hold them for next year. The choice is yours. For anyone requiring a refund could you please contact Jo Aldam with your name, address, centre number and membership number and we will post you a cheque as soon as we can.
Your health and safety is our prime concern hence the reason for cancellation.
I trust you will all bear with us during this difficult time and keep yourselves safe and well.
Best regards
Little Bob
Centre 6 Rep

There may be more cancellations in due course – please come back here later for further updates or on Facebook. You should also ask your Centre rep.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *