Passport and IDP

Kevin Hoyte2019 News, NewsLeave a Comment

Passport Visa


Can you cascade this information out to your members as a check and reminder to them if they have intentions of travelling overseas to club events or indeed private trip/s.

This will be the best avenue to get the info out as I don’t have everyone’s e-mail addresses.

To check you have enough months left on your passport to travel to certain countries, use the link below to check. If not, it’ll be time to apply for a new passport.

If, after the 29th March (Brexit) there may be a requirement to get an IDP (International Driving Permit). These can be obtained from your local Post Office at a cost of £5.50 per IDP. When you apply you need to take along your driving licence, a passport sized photo and a valid passport as ID.

What you will need to check though is there will be a different IDP for Spain and the rest of Europe, therefore if you are travelling to Spain via France for example, you will need both.

IDP 1949 for Spain

IDP 1968 for France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland

To check what IDP you need, see link below


Kevin Hoyte

VSOC International Liaison Officer

Tel: 01462 850436

Mob: 07711 073477


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *