- 5th September 2016 at 7:48 pm#2156Colin KingParticipant
Well still got problems with the XV535 2YL. Back cylinder packs in after setting off but perfect tick over. So far I’ve done the following. 1) New coils, HT leads, plugs, rectifier, battery, air filter, fuel filter, carb diaphragms, pilot jets, carb jet block bungs. 2. Fuel tank cleaned out and now on a manual fuel tap. 3. Both cylinders at 160psi. 4. Sparks jump 6mm gap. 5. Carbs cleaned and stripped twice. 6. Float heights set (several times). 7. Wiring checked on low tension side. 8. Tdi has been checked at Electrex and is fine. Pops and bangs on the back pot but perfect on tick over. Where to next with this thing as I have a very good looking and excellent condition non-runner and I’m getting hacked off.
- 6th November 2016 at 11:42 pm#2267JokerParticipant
How do you know it is the back cylinder?
Apart from saying it it pops and bangs on the back cylinder, and that it is fine on tickover, you are not saying much. Does it pop and bang on acceleration or deceleration? (Does it happen when just revving the bike or only when riding?)
I used to have a few pops and bangs and then changed to hiher octane fuel and it stopped.
What are the plugs looking like if you remove them soon after a journey?
I am thinking
1. leak in vacuum… check carbs are balanced
2. Leak in diaphragm.. You mentioned you replaced them, but check them again
3. Possible short in HT leads. Remove Chrome covers from above plugs, Rev the bike in the dark and look for sparks running wild.
4. Has your exhaust possibly got a hole in it?
I am sure there are more things that can be thought of, just thought I would give a few thoughts.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.