- 28th January 2021 at 8:33 pm #5635Paul YoungParticipant
Hello everyone, my bike has just failed it’s MOT due to a serious fluid leak on the near side front shock absorber. (It’s also contaminated the front brake pads, which I will replace). My questions are :
1) Has anyone repaired their front shocks rather than replace them. If so, how did it go ?
2) Has anyone just replaced the front shock, and if so can you recommend a supplier for the above bike
3) Can anyone recommend a supplier for replacement brake pads on the above bike?
Thanks for taking the time to read and any advice will be great fully received
- 29th January 2021 at 9:40 am #5636webmasterKeymaster
Front forks are repairable and you can usually find fork seal kits for them from most spares suppliers. It’s best to do both of them at the same time.
Here’s a great page to look at for more information: http://viragotech.com/newtech/Fork%20Seal%20Job.htm
In what condition is the chrome on the forks? If they are becoming pitted, then it might be a good idea to get them hard-chromed again. A friend of mine has suggested a place in Luton that do them – A M Philpot Ltd.
- 29th January 2021 at 9:43 am #5637webmasterKeymaster
Also, If you’re near Leicester I know that Phil at Fork N Wheels has done excellent work for me.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.